Some random bits of information about me
- Location: Latvia, EU
- Age: 30+
- I play: piano, keyboards, electronic signal sources, trash percussion or anything that makes a sound when interacted with.
- Education: electronics engineer
background and foreground professionaly: Microwave modem DSP R&D
head, developing analog VCO, VCF, VCA and digital synth modules for
- Food preferences: Generally anything that does not run away. Yet it should not be too spicy, smelly or too raw.
- Food dislikes: sushi, blue cheese, chili
- Favourite cuisine: Italian and czech.
and composers I find awesome and inspiring: Yoko Kanno, Michael Kamen,
Zigmārs Liepiņš, Hisaishi Joe, Danny Elfman, Alan Silvestri, Hans
Zimmer, Christopher Young, Henry Mancini, Randy Edelman
- Religion: Logic, science and the Flying Spaghetti Monster*
- My heroes living: Ikutaru Kakehashi
- Heroes RIP: Tsutomu Katoh, Keith Barr and Oskar Sala
- I believe in: existence of evil overlords, and a happy polyamory/polygyny
- I don't believe in: existence of quality software
- I can't stand: the autopan effect, as well as blue and white LEDs on equipment
- I also despise: general purpose computer (pc/apple) based DAW, as well as VST and VSTi
- Synth, fx and tool preferences: Erica Synths*, Roland/Boss, Korg, Alesis, Kawai, Novation, Digitech, Viscount, Soundcraft, Jinjiang Shengle
- Synth&fx dislike: Access, Nord, TC Electronics
- First headphones: ТДС-3 (<-- as seen in the picture on left)
- Preferred headphones and studio monitors: AKG K-240 and K-271; Yamaha HS-8
- Favourite acoustic piano: Estonia* for it's soft, mellow and dark timbre and touch.
- Synthesizers I want to get someday: Trautonium, System-700 and pink otamatone deluxe
- Drink preferences: A variety of strong black teas, rooibos, as well as milk
- First synthesizer: pink Юность-70*, untunable Pille* and then Casio PT-12
- First programmable computing devices: Электроника МК-56* and then ZX Spectrum
- First PC-compatible computer: Tandy 1000SX with CGA, 384kB RAM and two awesome 360kb 5.25" drives
- Favourite microphones: Shure KSM-44, AKG C480+CK69 shotgun and AKG C451B/ST
- First microphone: loathsome Октава МД-201, 52, 64, and a builtin one inside Легенда-404*
- Electronic circuit simulation tool of choice: LT-Spice*
- First apple: Apple II plus
- Hard lessons
learnt (the ones I remember well): On some PC-XT/AT ISA slot connectors,
shorting data bus D2 and -12V supply is easy even with a toothpick.
- Most favorite music tracker: Impulse Tracker* by genius
Jeffrey Lim. Absolute favorite since late 90-ties. From time to time
still feel compelled to boot up dos pc for some great fun.
use custom software and hardware tools for audio mastering and (quite
often) also for effects processing, analysis and (re)synthesis.
am a synth and DSP zealot, and a professional electronics digital radio
communication equipment engineer and software developer. As much as a
spare time will allow me, I will try to share my knowledge in these
fields by writing articles and posting them here on my website.Although
it's a rare occasion, I sometimes do attend events to give live
performance, playing mainly on various midi gear. Back in the days, I played alongside
with a vinyl dj. I always create some new, conceptually tied, special track for every event I attend.